Financing digital equity
To help accelerate digital equity, Connect Humanity has two investment vehicles to increase the availability and variety of funding to:
- scale proven models of connectivity and community engagement
- expand collective capabilities to understand and advocate for digital equity issues
- support promising new models for sustainable digital development
- Planning and implementation grants
- Grants to advocacy and research NGOs and field building activities
- Commissioning research
- Trainings for regulators, network operators, and content creators
- Innovation challenges (e.g., on digital literacy at scale, or green network technology)
Impact Investment Fund
- Supporting community connectivity providers (e.g., community networks, municipal networks, social enterprises)
- Providing access to capital for underserved communities and organizations
- Blended finance structured to community needs and capacity to advance digital equity (e.g., infrastructure, digital literacy, locally relevant content)
- Innovative financing vehicles, including outcomes-based, working capital, and other low interest terms and structures
Investing in (Y)our Digital Future
Connect Humanity serves a unique role in the landscape as a fund able to blend and build complex capital stacks that ensure communities have the type and size of resources they need to achieve digital equity.
Our funds are designed to support and de-risk each other. Philanthropic investments build the knowledge, capacities, and environment in which community connectivity providers can thrive. Impact investments support and scale community connectivity providers to meet the needs in their communities, inform areas for philanthropically supported research, and build a market for impact investments. Impact investments increase the availability of technologies and services that lower the cost and environmental impact of increasing connectivity.
We are committed to building our field, helping foundations and investors ask the right questions, understand needs, assess the impact of their investment, meet ESG and SDG commitments, and realize competitive returns. We look forward to working with you to develop the right digital equity partnership pportunity for you and your community.