- We build with and not for the communities we seek to serve, humble and mindful of great work already being done by our partner organizations around the world, empowering communities as
stakeholders in their own digital futures.
- Expanding the financial toolbox and funding available, we deploy grants and impact investments depending on what our partners need to achieve digital equity holistically. We strive to provide support where, when, and how it is needed, not how it is most convenient for us.
- Committed to continuous learning, we consult early and often on our programs and investments, while fostering a sense of safety and constructive candor where our partners can share honest feedback so we can learn and iterate as a community.
- Working in the open, we are invested in cultivating a body of shared knowledge for all actors working to advance digital equity — not only with civil society organizations and community connectivity providers doing the hard work of meeting the digital needs of their communities, but with the regulators, investors, and funders who’s partnership is necessary to achieve digital equity for all.
- We are mindful of power — both the power we must build with all our partners to ensure the political will necessary to achieve digital equity, and our power as a funder committed to
fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion with those we support and within the ecosystem.